Servers with more and more processing power, more and more large-capacity data storage devices and network devices, need to consume more power. The more and more integrated equipment, the more concentrated the heat, which makes the temperature control of the equipment room a big problem. Only by researching new technologies and new methods to reduce the energy consumption of the computer room, we strive to improve the cooling efficiency of the computer room and reduce the overall energy consumption of the data center computer room through the rational selection of server racks, reasonable heat dissipation planning, and optimization of the design, layout, and use of the computer room. energy consumption in order to achieve the goal of energy saving and emission reduction.
With people's demand for information, various industries are constantly improving data processing capabilities, and with the requirements for energy conservation and emission reduction, effectively reducing energy consumption has become one of the factors that must be considered before the construction of data processing equipment rooms. In order to meet this need, based on years of practical experience, Dinglong can effectively reduce the PUE value by improving the management of air circulation, and tailor-made a set of flexible, practical and multi-functional cabinet cold and hot aisle separation solutions for customers.
According to the TIA942 "Data Center Communication Infrastructure Standard" issued by the United States in April 2005, the computer equipment and racks in the computer room are required to be installed in "hot and cold aisles". The "hot and cold aisle" equipment layout method breaks the convention and arranges the cabinets in a "back-to-back, face-to-face" arrangement, so that the front faces of the two rows of cabinets are arranged in the middle of the aisle to form a cold air area "cold aisle". The hot air formed after the air flows through the equipment is discharged into the "hot aisle" in the back of the two rows of cabinets, and returns to the air-conditioning system through the return air outlet arranged above the hot aisle, so that the airflow and energy flow in the entire equipment room are smooth, and the equipment room is improved. The utilization rate of precision air conditioners further improves the cooling effect.
The long arrangement of cabinets also provides conditions for low-cost handling of the isolation of hot and cold aisles. The airflow organization in the equipment room completes the isolation of cold and hot aisles, which maximizes energy efficiency and achieves the purpose of energy conservation and emission reduction. In this project, the design of the cold and hot aisle isolation in the equipment room is to install a fireproof and impact-resistant PC solid board on the upper part of the aisle in the area where the blade machines are only in columns D and E, and install closed translation doors at both ends of the cabinets in columns D and E. , so that a closed cold channel is formed at the front of the cabinet, so that the hot air flows out from the back of the cabinet, which is in line with the principle of airflow organization.
In the design and engineering practice of the new generation data center computer room, through comprehensive overall planning, comprehensive consideration and energy-saving design of the key equipment, UPS power supply, air-conditioning room, and site layout of the computer room can achieve the goal of energy saving and emission reduction. .
Isolation and sealing of hot and cold aisles is one of the measures to save energy and reduce emissions in computer rooms. The arrangement of the cabinets can be appropriately changed and the appropriate measures can be taken to form the isolation of the hot and cold aisles, change the ambient air flow organization and reduce the temperature gradient of the cold aisles, and improve the effective cooling effect in the cabinets, so as to achieve the purpose of energy saving.
Double row cabinet design
1. The cold air is sealed in the front channel of the double-row cabinet to form a closed cold channel, and the hot air is discharged from the back of the cabinet.
2. Install sliding doors on the sides of both ends of the double-row cabinet to close the channel, and do the corresponding thermal insulation and sound insulation treatment to prevent cold leakage from both ends of the door and affect the overall effect.
3. Install a semi-automatic sliding door system on the top of the door frame, let it drive the door to automatically close.
4. The door frame is made of 1.4mm thick aluminum alloy material to increase the heat insulation and sound insulation effect;
5. The glass of the door adopts 5+9 (hollow)+5mm tempered glass, which will not atomize the product
6. The door frame is arranged in the form of double track and two doors, which is convenient for opening the side doors at both ends of the double row cabinet.
7. Install the side panel of the sliding door on the outside of the door, the color is consistent with the cabinet.
8. Use a wide sealing tape between the door and the door to make the sealing better.
9. All fixings are on the side of the cabinet. But it does not affect the opening of the cabinet door.
10. Install a sealing groove on the upper front of the double-row cabinet to seal the air leakage in the passage.
11. The ceiling is made of 4mm thick PC with fire resistance, shock resistance, strong impact resistance and good transparency. It is directly inserted into the sealing groove on the front of the cabinet through right-angle adapters and seals. Easy to install and remove. And there will be such a module for each cabinet.
1. Strong flexibility
The cold aisle is a unit modular design, and the corresponding two cabinets occupy one unit. Each unit can be installed and disassembled independently, and can be connected with adjacent units for easy disassembly. At the same time, it is also adapted to maintain and manage other equipment on the channel.
2. Good sealing
1) The connection between the unit modules of the ceiling of the cold and hot aisle is tight, which can effectively prevent air leakage.
2) The semi-automatic system translation door installed at the head and tail of the aisle and the cabinet side door are made of 1.4mm thick aluminum alloy material with good sealing performance.
3) The glass of the door adopts 5+9 (hollow)+5mm tempered glass, which will not atomize the product, which effectively increases the effect of heat insulation and sound insulation.
4) Use a good sealing strip between the door frames. It can prevent cold air leakage in the cold aisle.
3. Strong security
The material used for the unit module of the ceiling of the cold and hot aisle is a PC board with good transparency, fire resistance and shock resistance. After installation, it will not affect the light demand in the aisle. or smoke. The anti-seismic effect is dozens of times stronger than ordinary tempered glass.
4. Good automation
Since the system is equipped with semi-automatic system components, even after personnel enter, there is no need to close the door after entering the passage to prevent the leakage of cold air. Because the system itself has the function of automatic delay closing the door. Effectively prevent the invisible waste of cold air flow when people forget to close the door.
5. Modular installation
All installations of the complete system are factory-machined to the site in modular form. Easy to install.
6. Customization function
We can customize different system modules according to the different needs of customers on site, which can adapt to different hot and cold aisle occasions, both single-row and double-row can be adapted.
7. Strong fire resistance and shock resistance
The entire cold and hot aisle system is made of modular materials in strict accordance with the requirements of earthquake resistance. PC boards and aluminum alloy profiles have fire resistance and earthquake resistance.
The hot and cold aisles are installed on the top of the front of the two rows of cabinets, and a pair of semi-automatic system translation doors are set between the head and tail of the row to form a sealed space, allowing the computer room air conditioner to effectively meet its heat dissipation requirements when entering the equipment.
The solution of using cold aisle closure is a cooling method that is mostly used in large data centers, especially medium and high-density data centers in recent years. This solution effectively solves the cooling problem of high-density cabinets and reduces the risk of downtime caused by equipment overheating. The fire-fighting linkage design also solves the problem of fire-fighting risks. It has been proved by practice that the cold aisle closure scheme is suitable for promotion in large-scale, high-density data centers.